Carpet Patch Repair Auckland
Ruined or torn carpet can be a tripping hazard and should be handled promptly. At best stains, rips and burns are bothersome. If you have some extra carpet from the time it was initially laid, fix the problem employing a carpet patch. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland based in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland, Hibiscus Coast for over 32 years.
Patch Carpet Tips
Water from indoor pot plants with no suitable tray, causes the surrounding carpet to rot. This breaks or cracks down the carpet construction, also harboring detrimental fungus spores. If left far too late, this carpet area may need to be replaced with a good item of carpet from a mat or closet.
How to do Carpet Patch
To fix a hole or perhaps a frayed patch in a carpet, you’ll need a piece of a similar carpet slightly bigger than the damaged area. The piece may have been left over when the carpet was laid, or perhaps you can cut it from under a large piece of furniture that is never moved, where it will not show.
The joins of the repair should not be visible. In the beginning, you will see a color difference between the new patch and so the remaining portion of the carpet, but in time this will likely become less obvious.
Things You’ll Need
- Carpet fix Glues
- Carpets’ Remnants
- Duct Tape
- Utility Knives
Carpet Patch Instructions
- Cut out the entire damaged area with a utility knife. Try to do this with just one cut on each side and avoid cutting through the carpet pad.
- Use the cut-out piece as a pattern to cut a new piece. Be sure to match the direction of the pile.
- Spread carpet adhesive on the exposed carpet pad and on the back of the carpet patch itself.
- Put some adhesive under the edges of the carpet patch surrounding the hole as well.
- Press the patch into the hole and rough up the pile with your fingertips.
- Let the glue dry for about six hours and then vacuum the carpet patch area.
Tips & Warnings
- If you accidentally cut the carpet pad, fasten fix it down with a piece of wide duct tape.
- If in case you don’t have an extra matching carpet, get a remnant at a carpet store. Take your damaged piece with you when you go to the store to help you find a good match.
- Use a sharp blade in the utility knife for the best cut.
- Use caution when working with a utility knife.
- Sometimes it’s just better to call the experts such as Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland offers expert carpet repairers, laying, flood fix, stain removal, carpet cleaning, drying repair in North Shore, West, East & South Auckland
Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Repairs Auckland based in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland, Hibiscus Coast for over 32 years. Read more here, Carpet Maintenance Tips